Apply for the 2011 JTBF Judicial Externship or Clerkship Program
The purpose of the Judicial Externship and Clerkship programs is to foster racial diversity among law clerks serving in the federal and state judiciary. The program targets eligible minority and/or economically disadvantaged law students to assist them in developing skills necessary to succeed as judicial law clerks. We encourage you to apply to the JTBF Judicial Externship Program if you are a rising second or third-year law student and wish to obtain an externship during the academic school year for either a modest stipend or course credit through your law school. Please apply to the JTBF Judicial Clerkship program if you are either a rising third year law student interested in clerking after graduation or a recent law school graduate.
The deadline for Summer 2010 and Fall 2010 Externship Applications is February 6, 2011.
The deadline for applications for the Share The Wealth Judicial Clerkship Program for Fall 2011 has yet to be determined, please check back for updates.
judicial externship Program - Required Application Materials
You must submit the following to apply to the Judicial Externship Program:
- Program Application Form (this form may be submitted either online or a hard copy of this form may be printed by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page)
- Law school transcript (unofficial transcripts distributed to the student are acceptable for extern applicants)
- Statement of interest (250 words or less)
How to Apply to the Program
- Online application form: You may click the applicable program application link to fill out your application form online: Externship Application Form or Clerkship Application Form. Please note that any remaining application materials must be submitted either by (1) email to firstname.lastname@example.org; (2) fax at 312-258-5600 (Attention: JTBF Program Director, Just The Beginning Foundation); or (3) regular mail at the address listed below.
- Regular mail: Applicants must submit their application materials via fax to 312-258-5600 or via postal mail to the following address:
JTBF Program Director
Just The Beginning Foundation
JTBF Judicial Externship/Clerkship Program
233 South Wacker Drive, Suite 6600
Chicago, IL 60606
JTBF Share the wealth judicial clerkship program
The JTBF Share the Wealth Judicial Law Clerk Program is a judicially organized referral program for a select group of law students who apply and are invited to interview with the JTBF judges panel in Virginia. JTBF judges pre-screen qualified law student applicants by conducting group interviews, and impressive applicants are either offered positions with Share the Wealth judges or are referred to minority and non-minority judges who contact JTBF and are interested in hiring one of our applicants.
To learn more about the JTBF Share the Wealth Judicial Clerkship Program, participating judges, and how to apply, click here.